The Buckaroo ride is our most popular offering. This is a versatile ride that has many trails options and can be tailored for any level of experience ... More info ›
The Buckaroo ride is our most popular offering. This is a versatile ride that has many trails options and can be tailored for any level of experience.
- Ride is approximately 2 hours.
After arrival and checkin we will match you abilities and comfort level to a horse that will fit your needs. The saddle will be fit to your weight and height then you will be given instruction on how to control your horse.
- We start on an old Jeep road once used to access Ouray's historic mining areas. Then we hit trails that are accessible by foot and horseback only.
- There are several trails to choose from. The Cutler Creek Trail stays low and flat by the creek.
- The Baldy Trail has switchbacks that gain elevation quickly. From there you can see the mountain peaks that surround Ouray.
- Storm Gulch Trail has some steep ups and downs and creek crossings with great mountain views. The Buckaroo Ride is sure to please any rider.